AVOCADO HIERLOOM TOMATO SALAD
2 medium sized heirloom tomatoes
1 hand full of pea tendrils
1 avocado (one Florida or 2 Hass)
1/4 red onion sliced thinly
2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
1/2 tsp crack black pepper
Cut heirlooms into medium wedges add pea tendrils.
Place into a mixing bowl and toss
with the olive, lemon juice,
avocado and salt. Add in the onion and
pepper. Refirgerate for 1 hour and serve.
Please enjoy the following recipes. They are some of my favorites. Please feel free to alter them to suit your needs. They are best when you use organic ingredients and also please reframe from using sugar and flour. Thank you for allowing me to share my gift with you.
Chef Keith Thomas
GRILLED BEETS AND SWEET POTATO SALAD
6 small beets, scrubbed
2 medium sized sweet potato
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 springs of thyme picked and chopped
1 green onion thinly sliced (chiffonad)
salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add sweet potatos. Cook until slightly hard. Repeat the same process for beets. Chill peel and slice 1/4 of an inch thick. Lightly toss in olive oil salt and pepper.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
Place beets and sweet potato on grill very carefully just to get grilled marks on each side. Cool in ice box for 5 minutes
Place beets and sweet potatos in a large bowl. Add thyme, green onion, and feta.
Toss with olive oil . salt and pepper.
served chilled or room temperature.
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bunches spinach, large stems removed and chopped
¼ cup vegetable stock
2 cup diced mushrooms
2 zucchini, sliced
2 green squash sliced
2 cups sliced shiitaki mushroom
1 onion diced
2 stalks of celery diced
2 medium carrots blanched and diced
3 cups home made tomato sauce
Brown rice lasagna noodles
3 cup mozzarella cheese for topping
1 deep lasagna
1 medium saute pan
medly of fresh herbs chopped 1/2 cup
1. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add zucchini, squash and 1/4 cup vegetable stock. Continue to sauté until aldente.
3. Set aside and saute carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms until soft.
Set aside mixture in a bowl.
4. In the baking dish, spread about 1 cup of tomato sauce to cover the bottom.
5. Add a layer of noodles, overlapping them slightly to make a solid single layer.
Spread vegetable mixture (zucchini/squash). Layer alittle cheese and 1 TP of chopped herbs.
6. Add another layer of noodles, followed by sauce, fresh spinach and carrot, onion, celery mixture and 1 TP herbs.
7. Repeat with one more layer of noodles, sauce, and then sprinkle with cheese add veggie mixture. Top with cheese another layer of noodles and carrot, celery and onion mixture. Add one more layer of noodles sauce and a generous amount of cheese.
8. Bake the lasagna for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Let it sit for 5 minutes or so to firm up before slicing.
HOME MADE TOMATO SAUCE
3 large almost over tomatoes
1 medium onion diced
3 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1 stalk of celery diced
2 cups vegetable stock
1TP of Itallian seasoning
2 TP olive oil
Heat oil in saute pan and add all the vegetables cook for 5 minutes add seasonning and vegetable stock simmer for 30 minutes or until thick. Puree with a hand mixer.
CHOCOLATE BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 cup of almond milk or rice milk
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 frozen banana
1 tsp stivia
1 scoop fat free whey protien (optional)
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
2 cups nappa cabbage julienne
1 cup bean sprout
1 cup carrots straws
1 chayote julienne
1/4 cup red bellpepper julienne
1/4 cup green bellpepper julienne
1/2 cup diced red onion, celery (1/4 each)
Juice of one lime and one lemon
2 pinches of saffron
2 TP raw stivia
1/4 cup of peanuts
2 TP almond butter
1/2 golden delicious apple julienne
2 pinch cayenne pepper
1/4 cup coconut water
1 t dijon mustard
2 TP crushed pineapple
2TP olive oil
1. Wisk together oilve oil and mustard until well combined.
2. Add coconut water, stivia and almond butter. wisk together and add safferon, caynne set a side.
3. In a large bowl combine all the vegetables toss well.
4. Add liquid mixture and toss well and let sit for 30 minutes.
serve and top with peanuts.
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
1/2 cup wheat bran
1/2 cup oat bran
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 packets of truvia
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
4 dated small diced
Optional almond milk, strawberry and blue berry.
In a large mixing bowl combine oats, wheat germ, wheat bran, oat bran, dried fruit, nuts, truvia, and seeds. Mix well. Store muesli in an airtight container. It keeps for 2 months at room temperature.
Served with unsweetend almond milk 1 strawberry and 2 TSP blueberry.